Thursday, December 10, 2009

i think we're ready...

i do. i think northern utah is ready for yoga...really hard yoga.
i just moved here in october...for love...and my yoga came with me. i worked at one of the largest yoga studios in the midwest, immersed in an incredibly strong yoga community, learning from some of the most dynamic teachers in the country. i got my teaching certification from jonny kest in spring 2008...pattabhi jois, david williams, jonny kest...then me and about a zillion other yoga teachers who've been through jonny's teacher training program. i really need to thank jonny for believing in me and my practice.
and matthew sanford even more, for the feat of turning me inside out and plopping me down in front of a mirror to see it. but that's a post for another day...
six weeks into my life here, i'm ready to spring into action. a little studio in north ogden has opened their hearts and yoga room to ashtanga, one of my three true loves (the other two are charlie and rock climbing). charlie takes top ranking, as i love him more than i've ever loved anyone or anything before, but ashtanga and climbing are both close behind. i'll be teaching two classes a week plus a random vinyasa class here and there.
i promise it'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment